Thursday, September 12, 2013

Milky, I will miss you

On 4 sep 13, it was pleasantly surprising to receive a news at around 12.10pm that muffin had given birth to three kits. The urge of going home immediately to see them was so tempting. Made a few calls home to find out how were they. Afterwork that day I went home and I headed to the balcony where the kits were. Cutely, similar to the previous time, muffin still goes to the same spot at my mother's room to give birth and to pull her fur. The kits were active. Witty was always wondering around the cage alone. Dovey and milky were always together lying on each other at the bending area of the cage. I manage to take pictures with them and beanie. So precious kits, all of them are pinkish and only has a layer of skin without fur. Dover was the biggest in size while milky was to smallest. Although the size difference were just minimal, they were equally active. Every day, I just want to head home to see their growth progress. My maid says that they are all male.

On Saturday morning, I observed dovey and witty are growing very fat. Their stomach were filled with a lot of muffin's milk. Too heavy to move at all. They looked satisfied. Dovey and milky has their father's brown line at the butt area. Witty was entirely white. However, milky was skinny and his stomach was small and looked as if muffin did not feed him. When I carried him, he was cold and was light in weight. We tried to force feed milky but it was not successful. I was worried also my sister and I went to the nearest pet shop, lot 1, to get milk powder for it. They ran out of stock so we proceeded to yew tee pt and manages to get a bottle of milk powder costing 29.80. We thought it was necessary since milky was not eating. The sales assistant told us that usually kits like milky will not survive. We got worried yet angry why and how would she know. Without eating breakfast, we rushed home to feed milky with it. The stringe was a little too big for him so I have to insert it from the sides before placing the milk into his mouth. Honestly, practice makes perfect. After some time, I got the hang of it. I feed and took. Care of it for that day and Sunday. I told myself that I will make milky live, and screw be the stall assistant. I fed him 4-5 times a day and quarantine him from other kits, giving a heat pad to him. He really needs it as he was feeling super cold. I attempted to make his tummy as large as his brothers but he rejected to eat more than required.

2 days of intensive care was not sufficient. Monday morning, I fed it before going to work. My maid continued to nurse it. Till Monday night, we decided that milky should stay together with his brothers so he will feel warmer. His condition did improve and we thought he would gain in weight. He started to grow more fur but he was half the size of his brothers. He drinks processed milk and was not as warm and healthy as them. We thought he needs more growing time. On Tuesday, my mum tried to force feed him. She concluded that milky cannot suck which is why he can't drink from his mum. That was my initial assessment. I fed it when I reach home every night and before I sleep. He was the most closest kit as I have spent a lot of effort and time on. I tried to keep him warm every time, putting heatpads and between his fat brothers. He was growing slowly and insignificantly. On Wednesday night, he had a lot of appetite increased and he drink half times more milk then the usual. I remembered he will choke on the milk frequently and i will have to wipe off the milk from his nostrils. I thought he was improving. However, on Thursday morning, he was cold and move less than usually how when I carried him. I was worried but thought his diet got bigger and thus require more milk and it was feeding time. I stroked him and he moved his hands slightly. I placed him away from his mum urine on the bedding, between his brothers. I was worried for him but I left for work.

Later that morning, I received news that my sister brought him to the vet. She told me the vet said milky was alright as long as he drinks milk, be it being skinny. The vet prescribe him some probiotics and told my sister to get a milk replacer rather than a milk powder. I am not sure why. She proceeded to get it before returning back home. My maid at home attempted to feed it with some new milk powder. She told my mum that milky is not drinking them and my mum herself also attempted to feed him. He kept struggling and raising his head. He squeaked many times. He stretched on his back and my mum supported him to be on the heat pad. My mum said he kept peeing. My maid took muffin to the table and muffin licked him thrice before hopping off the table. Shortly after that, milky stopped struggling and his body was cold. He turned stiff and there was no more breathing. He died, before he could eat any medicine.

My mum called me and informed me on the news at around 1.01pm. I could imagine how he was suffering while I was eating jacks place unknown to his pain. I never expect that morning to be my last morning carrying it. He was so cute and I could remember every action and expression of his when I fed him. His mouth, his teeth, his tougue, his face and his body. He had 80% brown ear and a long brown line at his butt. He had some brown spots at the side of his body nearing the butt area. His hands and feet were red and small. He has a protruding chest and his body is actually quite long when he stretch. He is a tiny bunny how stopped growing in size on the second day of birth. After then, he had white fur growing out of him slowly (not as fast as his brothers). His tail is quite long and he has long hands and legs. Close observation, he looks like his father (snowy). I could remember him choking on the milk and the milk coming out from his nose. I will wipe them off using a tissue paper. Every time when it comes to feeding time, around 2-3 pieces of tissue paper will be used. After milk drips on his body, he will have the milk stain on him that seems as though that patch has no hair. They way he drinks milk and the tiny tougue flapping as he swallows them. I was hoping that the method of feeding it will allow him to grow till he opens his eyes and eat hay and pellets on his own. He could be a small bunny as compared to his brother if he becomes a adult. He will be so close to us as we have hand held him many times. At times he refused to drink, he will move his head to the sides and refuse to open his bunny teeth. I hope I could hold him with my left hand once again and use the stringe to pump milk into his mouth using my right hand then speak softly to him again.

It was a saddening sight to visit the place he was burried at. Althought he doesnt feel the pain now, but I missed him, my heart hurts. I placed my hand on the ground he was buried and do a short prayer that God will bring him to a place of peace, happiness, warm and no more sufferings. He will be able to eat normally and be a naughty bunny. It was under a big tree, to support him as he rest there. I hope the rain wont make him scared or cold. The pets or animals or insects won't disturb it's resting. After accompanied him for 5-10 minutes, I took my leave.


Everyone in the family was very sad yesterday. He do not have the opportunity to open his eyes to look at me, at least to know that he has a family who takes care of him and hope that he grows up well. At times, I wish rabbits could talk and tell me what kind of pain he is experiencing. He left behind his Muffin, Snowy, Beanie, Dofey and Witty on 12 Sep 2013 at 1.00pm. He, the youngest of the thriplets kits, left behind a human family to accompany the fourth human child who did not manage to see the world in this family. They must be playing happily in heaven now.

No comments:

Post a Comment