Almost 2 months into my working life, I still see myself as a student, a little girl. A part of me thinks I am mature enough, a part of me displays an 18 yr old kid.
I dropped by one of my sec school friend's Facebook page a few months ago. Initially, I wanted to congratulate her on her engagement. I scrolled down to explore more as I had not been in contact with her for the past 8 years. There is this person, Tim, who wrote a lot on her wall. It was not the usual friend's comment.
Anyway, in my secondary school days, for the convenience of attendance taking, we were asked to sit according to our register number. She would be in front of me and we would have short talks almost everyday. En was a very well behaved, quiet and hardworking girl. Remembered that she commented that her younger sister was very rebellious and would always quarrel with her parents. From the mouth of my discipline master at that time, En was in a relationship with this boy. En's father knew about it, bought a video camera, went to school and took a video of her boyfriend playing basketball with his friends. Following that day, he went to school with En and spoke to the discipline master, telling him to ask En's boyfriend to back off from En. They broke up soon after that, but got together after a few months.
We graduated from secondary school in 2005. Our only connection is via Facebook , add as friend, nothing more than that. 3 years ago, I saw an album uploaded by her, titled 'Younger sis traditional chinese wedding', something on that line. I viewed the album and indeed, it was her blood younger sister wedding. Her sister was 19 and her husband looks below 22. Photos of that album looks very 'forced', both female and male leads. The album was removed shortly.
Recently, Tim wrote on En's wall 'we will never accept him into our family', 'he nearly killed your father', 'his father sued your father and now you are marrying someone who did that to your family', 'i will not accept them as my in-laws', 'don't come back if you marry him', 'don't make use of my daughter because she is kind hearted'... Who would write this kind of things on the facebook wall of your own daughter? Even if you have something which you want to convey to her, do it face to face. Facebook is a public thing. When an outsider sees such statements, how do you think they will view you and your daughter. Disgracing. I really pity your daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment